Monday, July 23, 2007

Ugh

I can't believe I did this every morning back during the brief period that I was in camp/ partially attached out. Figures the only person crazy enough to join me in the mornings was an ex/rjc canoeist/x-country runner. Kinda miss how I'd die trying to follow him through the insane abs/core routine, then I'd drag him to do pullups with me haha.

Even more frustrating that my timings per lap are not even close to what I started with in the past. Training with the new running technique is like replaying a game from the start on hard mode instead of normal. But I don't really have much of a choice.

Come to think of it, I can't believe my usual schedule in the past...

Morning - Intervals/short dist run, core statics

Morning - Weights in office

Noon - Pullup/statics

Afternoon (if no attachment)- Mid dist run/ pull up/statics

Kind of crazy when I look at it now, but I knew that I had to train to a decent enough level to lead a team, cause I always believed that to lead effectively you need to do it in front of them.

All that while balancing work for camp and freelance work.


I always used to look at people's insane training regimes and be inspired to work harder... now I'm just quite disgusted at how much I've slackened ever since then.

I have quite a flexible schedule, life is moving on, my career is moving up, yet I still want to row, because I still believe in this team.

Maybe its time to power up again.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker