Tuesday, September 11, 2007

mail bomb

I'm usually at home, so I can cull my emails often. Just being out for the most of today left me swarmed emails...

Some:




Hey… how are you doing? I am very interested in your work and would like to know if you have any time to really teach me the basics of character creation, like what software applications are the best to use, coding concepts, etc. I am a big fan of your work and would like to create characters of the same caliber. I figured you would be a great mentor and source of contact. I know that you have a life outside of mugen and I wouldn’t want to waste any of your time. I just thought I would ask. Nothing beats a failure but a try.

Also, I would like to know how your progress is on the other 2 characters that you are creating. I’m very excited about the concepts for both of them. Will there be any teaser trailers like you did with dragon claw?

Clifton R. Manning


oops, forgot Kingtire and Aiduzzi lol

but yea, will do

thx ^_^

your creations = the very reason MUGEN is still around. It laid the foundation of pimpness for others to follow >:)

On 9/10/07, Reu Kee wrote: Sure dude,

Just credit me Kingtigre and Aiduzzi for the sprites, will ya?

All the best for your project,

- Reu


----- Original Message -----
From: "Dani Sofjan"
To
Subject: Permission from aZCal
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 23:57:24 -0500

I finally found a way to contact you.

This is aZcal, creator of Sabaki Ryuuken.

In my release, a series of sprites I ripped from your Evil Ryu are included

I'm asking permission for the green light. If not, I shall take them off with the next update.

~please reply






lol wow thanks! Im actually suprised you responded Reu. Very cool of you. Ok ill go with that. Im familiar a bit on what you mentioned. Thanks a lot!
PS
Good luck with that Cyber ninja
and Metroid Samus too. seen and heard about that.

Reu Keewrote:
Hey Ivan,

Use a helper for the shield. Helpers can take on about everything like the player can, sctrls and hitdefs, reverersals and nothitbys, so that would be where you should be looking. For referencing you need to look inside the mugen docs folder, sctrls, triggers and exps, refer to these everyday.

- Reu

----- Original Message -----
From: "ivan scott"
To:
Subject: Just asking for a little help on a creation matter.
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 15:21:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hello. Sorry to bother you but im in the process of creating my first fighter from scratch.
Its a Demon Terry CVS type im doing. I have most of the basic moves in and i have the idea of the creating
Basics down packed a bit. Ive added in certain special effects.
My only issue is im trying to add this Shield effect as a Special move to em but,
I dont know how to add it on properly. I pulled off the part on Projectiles but that
shield issue im stuck on.
The shield effect is from @ndrode's Mech rugal. A Win pose he does a Shield pops up around em. well im making that
Terry's Shield effect. Is this even possible? Kinda like how your evil ryu's invisable shield works hitting a person while hes walking towards them.

here are the images

(shield motion im using. i already put it in. but not coded)

(thats the effect. also added in and not coded.)
In short im Using Fighter Factory. I seen a Helper option there but i dont know
how to use that. tried to find videos but i couldnt find any. so i tried projectile
and obviously it shot the image forward....

Anyway,
i made his hands out like a DBZ fighter to be different.
and im gonna use Rugals Repel sound effect for it too.

please hit me back when you get a chance. I really want to pull him off.
Thank you







Trying to mentor new programmers can be quite tedious at times, but when they are so polite, it makes it better.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker